Milk - 4 cups
eggs - 6
sugar - 10 tbsp
condensed milk (optional) - 1/4 tin
vanilla essence - 2 tsp
butter - 1/2 tsp
- bring milk to a boil
- break open the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- add sugar and essence and mix well
- now add the condensed milk and the boiled milk while its warm and mix well
- the secret is to mix the eggs well while milk is being added and the eggs and milk blends well
- strain the mixture
- preheat the oven in 185 degrees
- take a bigger baking pan and pour some water to it
- grease another small baking pan or a pudding mould with butter
- now pour in the mixture until the pan is 3/4th covered
- seal it with aluminum foil
- now place this mould in the water tray and put into the oven and bake for 45 mins
- allow that to stand in the oven for another 15 mins
- remove the foil, unmould by insertering the knife on the sides.
- place in the fridge and allow that to cool
- meanwhile lets prepare the caramel.
- add 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp of water to a pan and allow that to boil
- when that changes colour to dark brown remove frm heat and add some more water an mix well
- allow this to cool
- pour this caramel sauce on top of the pudding before serving.