Spinach - 1 bunch
onion - 2
tomatoes - 2
ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
cinnamon, cardamom, cloves - 2 each
green chillies - 4
rice- 1 cup
oil for frying
cashew - 6 - 8
salt to taste
grated coconut - 4 tbsp
- soak and keep the rice seperately.
- take a dry pan and fry spinach leaves till they ooze out water and get cooked
- allow that to cool.
- now add the leaves, cashews, coconut and green chillies
- grind that into a fine paste
- chop the onions finely
- chop the tomatoes finely
- add oil in a pressure pan
- when the oil is hot add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom .
- add the onions and tomatoes and fry till they are smashed well.
- add salt to taste.
- add the ginger garlic paste
- fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the paste and fry till it forms a thick paste.
- Now add the rice and then add water and pressure cook the rice until cooked
- Serve with onion raita