PAAL KOLUKATTAI (using Moong Dal)
Iam back with another sweet dish!! Paal Kolukattai. Mom doesnt prepare this dish this way. Its traditionally Granny's way of preparing. I wanted to have this recipe for a very long time. But.. I didnt know to do that. I called Granny and she told me the recipe. But I was sure this is not the way mom makes.. But the out come of the result was heavenly..
Easy to make and a quick recipe.
rice flour - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
jaggery - 1/2 cup (adjust according to your taste buds)
cardamom - 2 - 3
moong dal - 1/ cup
coconut milk - 2 cups
- roast and wash the moong dal
- pressure cook the dal and smash them
- to this add jaggery and some water and bring to a boil
- meanwhile add some water and a pinch of salt to the rice flour and mix well to a dough consistency.
- Now make them into small balls and then to a cylinderical shape.
- then now add these dough mixture into the boiling mixture and allow that to cook
- dont stir as the balls will break
- now when its close to 5 mins and the flour balls are cooked add the coconut milk and cardamom powder and bring to one single boil
- remove from fire
- serve warm