VANILLA BUTTER BISCUITS
I saw a recipe of butter biscuits using vanaspathi by www.cooking4allseasons.blogspot.com site by Sreevalli recently. I was sure that Iam gonna prepare that soon. But when I was going through my mom's recipe book I came across this recipe which she had used butter to prepare this recipe.. I just gave a try and this recipe yeilded 40 buscuits.. Dont ask about the taste .. A MUST TRY recipe... I just have only those biscuits left out for the picture .. rest was over in a few minutes .......
Maida - 1 cup
sugar - 1/2 cup (powdered)
baking powder - 1/2 tsp
vanilla essence - 1 tsp
butter - 100 gms
- seive sugar, maida and baking powder together
- mix vanilla essence and melted butter
- mix well until they resemble bread crumbs
- now knead the mixture well until they form a dough kind of a mixture with which balls can be made
- preheat the oven to 165 degrees
- now pinch balls out of the mixture and flatten them.
- make them into desired shapes
- I have used cookie cutter and made the shapes
- now arrange the cookies in a baking tray
- no need to grease the tray
- bake for 12 mins
- remove from the oven
- it will be soft when its removed from the oven
- allow that to cool and then serve.
- can be stored in an airtight container for weeks.