Sunday, April 18, 2010

350th post - Sheer Korma (a muslim sweet - kheer)

SHEER KORMA ( A MUSLIM SWEET)
Hey Guys ... PPl ......


Happiest day for me.. I was waiting for this to happen!! And it happened today. I challenged my Hubby dear that I will complete 350 recipes in my blog before I go for my delivery Which is just a month due.. I did it today .. I had completed 349 recipes when he called me from office and asked where is my suprise sweet for today? Let that be 350th recipe.


I was thrilled... after all what else do anyone need ? A supporting hand rite? Iam sure every one would agree and none will be here without a person like that behind your back to pat and appreciate ... I have got a wonderful guy indeed and he really appreciates and the criticisms are too strong that I never dare to make a mistake in my next trial .......


This recipe is made during Ramzan festival usually ( I have tasted in that festival only.. dunno if they make this regularly)!!! And the taste was too good that I some how caught hold of this recipe and tried and the first specimen to try this was my maid.. and she was speechless ....:"mam I am not express how tasty it is .. splendid and awesome.. rich payasam (she didnt know the name of the recipe and she spoke all these in Tamil)".


So heres my recipe..
Ingredients:
vermicelli - (thin and fine one) - 1 cup
ghee - 2 tsp
milk - 1 lt
broken cashews - 1/4 cup
raisins - a handful
badam - 2 - 3 tsp (chopped and skin removed)
sugar - 5 tbsp
condensed milk - 1/2 tin (200 gm)
sweetless khova - 200 gms
fresh thick cream - 200 gms
cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp

Method:
- in a pan add ghee and fry the raisins, cashew and badam
- when they change colour remove and leave them aside


- now in the same pan add the vermicelli ( I used Anil vermicelli) and fry till they change their colour


- to this add milk and allow them to thicken


- it takes 10 mins approx.


- when the milk thickens add the fresh cream, khova, sugar, condensed milk, and the nuts


- allow that to cook without any lumps till the mixture thickens to a payasam consistancy


- to this add the cardamom powder


- serve cold


This recipe also goes for the Event Thanda Mela by COOKING4ALLSEASONS.COM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving style. I would like to write that way.