straw berry - 1/4 kg (chopped)sugar - 1/4 kg (or even less)citric acid - 1/4 tsp
- in a pan mix strawberry, sugar and citric acid
- leave them aside for 5 mins
- now keep the pan on flame and start cooking
- keep stirring
- this jam takes more or less 10 mins to prepare thats all
- make sure you stir in between very very frquently so that the jam is not burnt
- stir well until the jam is thick and done
- immediately transfer the jam to a glass bottle and leave it to cool in room temperature, uncovered..
How to check if the jam has attained the correct consistancy?
- in a cup of water drop the jam and check
- the jam should not dissolve, it should be as it is as a ball
2) second method to find out is if the jam has a single string consistancy.
Shelf time - 2 weeks in room temperature. 2 months when preserved in the fridge