Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gulab Jamun

GULAB JAMUN
HI all,
Good morning,
When it comes to sweets I cannot resist my self. And be it any sweet Iam in for it. I had milk powder at home. It was lying in my shelf and I didnt know what to do with that until I came across this recipe.

The taste was too good and very easy to make. Its got its own flavour.. It was heavenly, irressitable taste... I was about to gulp every thing down and thats when My hubby dear was like "Will you leave atleast one for me to taste?"

After all, I just have only my Hubby here to taste my first time experiments... And he loved it. Thank god!! I was able to click a snap before everything was over!!!!!

Ingredients:
milk powder - 1 cup
maida - 1/4 cup
sugar - 1 cup
water - 1 cup
melted butter - 2 tsp
hot milk - 2 tsp
cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
saffron - 1 pinch
rose water - 2 tsp


Method:
- prepare the sugar syrup by adding water and sugar
- bring that to a boil
- add saffron, cardamom and rose water
- mix well and leave it aside
- make a dough using milk powder, maida, butter and milk
- make a tight dough and knead it gently and leave it to rest for 10 mins
- now make small balls
- heat the oil in a pan
- when the oil is warm add the gulab jamun dough balls in the oil and cook in slow fire slowly turning in between
- allow it to cook and it takes close to 4 - 5mins in slow fire
- in case the fire is high the balls will not be fully cooked
- now when the balls are cooked drop them in the sugar syrup
- allow them to soak for 3 - 5 hrs
- serve cold

This recipe is for the Thanda Event by Cooking4allseasons.

No comments: