SAMBAR POWDER (MY MOTHER's WAY OF PREPARING - TAMIL NADU STYLE)
This recipe was provided to me by my Mom. She prepares this sambar powder for a year and stores that in the cupboard. This recipe what I had prepared with the below ingredients helped me so far for 1.5 years.
And now I just a little left out which can serve the purpose for another couple of days.
Hence wanted to click a pic and post the recipe before its completely consumed.
These powders needless to say have helped me a lot to make the cooking easy. I loved this powder with bharvan bhindi and few vegetable sabji's. The aroma by itself gets you more tempted to eat more. Iam going to miss this recipe for another 1 year. I have prepared Andra Sambar powder .. and the recipe will follow in the next blog.
saunf - 100gms
mustard seeds - 50gms
fenugreek - 50gms
red chillies - 1/2 kg
corriander seeds - 1/2 kg
hing - 3 tsp
tumeric - a handful
- Dry roast all the above ingredients
- allow them to cool completely
- grind them to a fine powder by giving them to the flour mill
- when its finely ground spread the powder in a paper and spread it
- allow it to cool completely so that it can be stored for a longer time
- store this recipe in a bigger container
- take some quantity of this powder in a small container and use it when needed so that the aroma is not lost and stays for a year.