( the pronounciation is different from the spelling.. pls excuse).
HI all,This dish is from Karnataka. Taught to me by one of my friends mom. This dish is traditionally prepared using coconut oil. But here Iam using sun flower oil as my hubby is allergic to coconut and its products.
The out come was awesome and was just unexplainable... Thanks for the dish aunty..
chicken (cubed) - 500 gms
onion - 2 finely chopped
tomato - 2 - finely chopped
curry leaves - a handful
cinnamon sticks - 1"
cardamom - 5
cloves - 5
tamarind extract - 1/4 cups
alt to taste
turmeric powder - 1 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
corriander powder - 1 tsp
oil - 5 tbsp
garlic - a handful - finely chopped
- add oil in a pan
- add the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
- add onions and fry till golden brown
- add the garlic and fry for 4 - 5 mins
- add the tomatoes and fry for another 5 mins
- to this add the salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, corriander powder
- when the mixture starts giving out oil add the chicken and mix well until the masala is fully coated
- now add the tamarind paste and mix well
- when its fully cooked and its dry, add the fried curry leaves and serve hot