Friday, April 16, 2010

Bottleguard Halwa

BOTTLE GUARD HALWA
HI All,

Happy Tamil New Year'2010. Wait wait.. don't shout at me I know its belated yet Was not able to post the recipes that I prepared for new year.

Official work was really tiring and this point of time all at home yelled at me for doing these sweets and vada to celebrate the festival. As its our main festival (for hindu's and for tamilian's especially), I couldnt stay back and sit idle without doing anything. SO this will be my last festival as two people (my hubby and me)..

Finally was able to make up with one sweet and one kara and performed pooja peacefully.
Here is the recipe:


(picture taken from Google)
Ingredients:
bottle guard - 3 cups grated (peel off the skin, remove the seeds and grate them)
sugar - 1 cup
condensed milk - 200 g (1/2 can)
cardamom powder - 1 tsp
green colour - a pinch
sweet less khova - 1 cup
badam - chopped - 3 tsp
cashews - choppped - 3 tsp
raisins - 3 tsp
ghee - 2 tbsp
milk - 1/2 lt



Method:
- in a pan add ghee
- add badam, cashews and raisins
- fry till they turn golden brown
- now add the grated bottle guard
- fry for 2 mins
- add milk and allow that to cook until the milk reduces to half
- now add the sugar, khova and condensed milk
- add the food colour and mix well
- when the mixture leave the sides of the pan and the ghee starts oozing out, it is the right time to add the cardamom powder
- mix well
- and remove from fire
- serve cold (tastes best when served cold)


No comments: