coconut - 1 cup (grated)
red chillies - 4
salt to taste
onion - 1 (small)
pottu kadalai - 1/2 a cup
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 6 - 7
urad dal - 1 tsp
oil - 2 tsp
- grind onion, pottu kadalai red chilies and grated coconut into a fine paste
- add salt to it and keep it aside
- in a skillete add oil and wait until its hot
- add the mustard seeds, urad dal and the curry leaves and fry
- add that to the coconut chutney and mix wellServe this with idli or dosa varities.
Thanks goes to:
Rani aathai. She taught me this recipe. She usually does this chutney with green chillies. But I didnt have the green chillies at home so add the red chillies and that too came out too well.
You can even add a 1/2" ginger slice to the chutney while grinding instead of onion and that also gives an awesome flavour.