Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Kulambu (Butter milk Curry)

Ingredients:
Channa dal - 1tsp (Kadala paruppu in tamil)
Raw Rice - 1 tsp
1/4 Cup coconut shredded
1/2 Cup Curd
8 Green chillies
1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Curry leaves
Method:

1.Soak Channa dal and the Raw rice in water for 1 hr.
2.Beat the curd well. Keep it aside

3.Grind Coconut, 6 red chillies, channa dal and raw rice into a fine paste.
4.Take a kadai.
5.Add oil to it. When the oil is hot add the mustard and cumin seeds.
6.Now add the curry leaves and remaining red chillies.
7.Fry well. Then add the turmeric powder. Add the ground paste and fry well. Fry until the raw smell vanishes.
8. To this add the curd and salt to taste.
9. Serve it hot with Rice and a spicy side dish.

Note:
- This curry could be made by using the white pumpkin, zucchini and ladies finger.
- The alteration in the recipe is: Cut the vegetables into cubes. Fry that in the oil until cooked and keep it aside. Then add this vegetables after seasoning with mustard seeds in the kadai and the rest of the recipe goes as follows.

The thanks goes to:
I tasted this recipe in my Tution teachers home when I was in my 1st std. I was invited for lunch on one sunday by my tution teacher. Her name is Banu. Banu miss's mom was a great cook. I dont know much about other recipes that she prepares. But just this Curry with potato fry became my delicacy after I ever tasted. I can never forget the taste. And some how managed to get the recipe from else where. I have tried numerous experiments and the final product is here now...
Where ever she is... I dont have any contacts with her since I was in my 4th Std, when ever I prepare this curry I always remember about Banu miss and her mom. Thanks miss for this recipe. Because of your mom I was able to explore and find out the taste and could share with others as well.

No comments: