Friday, December 19, 2008

Ladies Finger Poriyal (Simple method)

Ingredients:
Ladies finger - 1/4 kg
grated coconut - 2 tbsp
green chillies - 5
salt to taste
oil to fry
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 10 - 15

Method:
- cut the ladies finger as shown, not too small or not too big
- in a pan add oil and wait until it gets hot
- add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves and fry
- now cut the green chillies in between
- add the ladies finger and fry
- add salt
- fry until the stickness disappears and the ladies finger fries too well.
- add the grated coconut and remove from fire.
- mix well and serve with rice or chappathi.

Thanks to:
To my close friend's mother - in - law. I had this recipe on 2nd nov when I had been to her home for lunch. My hubby never touches ladies finger just because of its stickyness. But he had on that day and asked me to learn the recipe. This came out too well. Thanks to Jeeva aunty.


No comments: