Cooked rice - 2 cups
green long brinjals - 4
MTR Vangi bath masala - 5 - 6 tsp
tamarind - size of a lemon
salt to taste
onions - 2
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
channa dal - 2 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 10 - 12
dried red chillie - 6 - 7
oil to fry
- cut the brinjals into one inch peices.
- cut onions into cubes
- make a thick paste using tamarind and water
- in a kadai add oil, add mustard seeds when the oil is hot
- then add red chillies, urad dal and channa masala
- then add the curry leaves and add that to the rice
- in the same kadai add a little oil and fry onions and brinjals.
- fry until its cooked
- when the brinjals are cooked add the tamarind water and add the masala powder
- allow it to boil and wait till it forms a paste
- add salt to the rice and mix rice with this brinjal mixture.