Moong dal - 1/2 cup
milk - 1 + 1/4 cup
khova (sweetless) - 1/4 cup
sugar - 1 cup
ghee - 1/4 cup
Nuts (chopped) -1/4 cup
cardamom powder - 1 tsp
saffron - 2 pinches.
- soak moong dal in water for 4 - 5 hours.
- remove water from dal and cook in microwave oven on h igh for 5 mins
- allow it to cool
- Grind the dal into a coarse powder.
- mix half of the ghee.
- cook for 5 mins in high
- then remove from the oven
- add the remaining ghee to the pan and fry the dal mixture.
- fry till they turn golden brown.
- transfer the contents to the microwave bowl
- mix khova and milk to the mixture.
- cook on microwave for 3 - 4 minutes on high
- add sugar to this- cover this bowl and microwave for 5 - 6 mins
- add the nuts, saffron and cardamom powder.
- mix well
- Halwa is ready to serve.