Ground Lamb meat(Kheema): 1/2 Kg
mincedTomato Puree: 1 cup
Green Chilles: 5, adjust acc. to your taste buds, slit length-wise
Cashew Nuts & waterMelon seeds: 1 cup, soak in water for 1 hr and grind to smooth paste
Jeera/Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Cinnamon: 2 inch stick
Red Chilli Powder: 3 tsps
Garam Masala: 2 tsp
Lemon juice: 2 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 Tbsp
Oil: 3 Tbsp + extra for frying
Kasuri Methi: 1 tsp
Sour Cream: 1 Tbsp
Water: 200 ml/ 2cups
Salt: to taste
- Marinate kheema with lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, half of Ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder. And keep aside for 2 to 3 hrs, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai, shape the kheema into koftas, shape and size as desired and deep fry them. Keep aside for further use.
For the Gravy:
- Heat oil in a wide heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add jeera, minced onions and green chillies and fry for few mins, till the raw smell of the onions disappears.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for few more mins.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala and tomato puree and salt.
- Cook covered for 15 mins, stirring in between.
- Add cashewnut paste, and water. Cook again for 15 more mins, stirring in between.(be careful the gravy bloops up)
- Add kasoori Methi, cream and stir.
- Add the koftas and cook on low for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat, Serve hot with Ghee Rice or Rotis.
Thanks goes to: Cinnamon Trail, the website by Cinnamon. Thanks this recipe came out too well!!!