Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oats Rava Dosai

OATS RAVA DOSA

Iam adviced by the doctors to eat oats in any form everyday. My usual way of cooking oats is by making a porridge or an upuma. This recipe was pretty new to me and was not sure how the out put is going to be. I tried the recipe the same way with the same quantity and believe me ..... It was an awesome success. I loved it!!!!!! I never expected my husband to love this recipe too as he is quite choosy about food. Thanks to Priya for this awesome and wonderful recipe.

Ingredients:
Oats - 1cup
Ravai - 1/4cup
atta - 3/4cup
Onion - 2
Green chillies - 2
Cumin seeds - 2tsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
salt to taste
Oil to fry

Method:
- Dry roast oats and rava separatly.

- Heat 1tbsp of oil and throw finely chopped onions and green chillies, saute it for 2mins, keep it aside.
- With rest of they oil, add peeper and cumin seeds , allow it to split and remove from the flame.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients.. oats, rava, atta salt, onions,green chilies, pepper and cumin seeds.

- With enough water mix it thoroughly to form a uniform dosa batter.
- Heat sauce pan and pour one bowl of dosa batter, pour 1 tsp of oil (suggested - Olive Oil)cook one side and turn it on the other side and cook it for 20 sec.

- Delicious healthy oats dosa ready to be served .
Thanks goes to:
Thanks goes to Priya again. Took this recipe from her website and I tried it out which was an awesome success...

No comments: