- cut the kovakkai as indicated in the picture (i.e length wise)
- add salt, turmeric and chilli powder to the kovakkai and mix well
- leave it to marinate for 10 mins
- in a pan add oil and add the kovakai
- fry till they turn golden brown
- it would take a time, so to make the process easier add water (1/2 cup) and cover the pan with a lid.
- when the water is fully evaporated and when the oil oozes out, add curry leaves and the dhal powder.
- fry till the dhal powder forms a nice coating to the kovakkai and turns brown in colour.
- serve with sambar or as a side dish.
Thanks goes to:
Sozlai aunty. I got this recipe from her website and this is the second time Im trying this. It came out too lovely and I had this with curd rice...Dont ask.. the taste was awesome!!!!!