KATHIRIKKAI FRY (BRINJAL)
Brinjal (Eggplant) (sliced) - 2 cups
Onions (thinly sliced) - 1
Salt - as needed
Oil - 4 tbsp
Channal dal - 2 tbsp
Thur dal - 2 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Dhania (coriander seeds) - 2 tbsp
Methi (fenugreek seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (cumin seeds) - 2 tbsp
- Boil the brinjal slices in water with a pinch of turmeric for about 5min.
- This helps to cook it faster when mixed with the powder.
- Dry roast the "to powder" ingredients and grind into a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions.
- Once the onions turn golden brown add the ground powder, salt and boiled brinjal slices.
- Fry in low heat till the brinjal is cooked and absorbs the masala.
- Serve with rice and sambar.
- This can also be made without boiling the brinjal first but it will require more cooking time and more oil.
Deepz.. this was awesome!!!! Thanks for the recipe