2 cups bengal gram/chana dal
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 green chillis
1tbsp of chopped ginger
oil for frying
- Soak chana dal in warm water for half an hour and then grind it without adding water such that it should not become a paste.
- Dal should be semi ground then add the rest of the ingredients just to fold them in with the dal.
- Don't grind them for long.
- May be only for a second or two.
- Deep fry them in oil after making small patties and serve them hot with tomato ketchup.
Sharmi, from neivediyam.