1 cup - grated coconut
1/2 cup - powdered sugar
1/4 tsp - cardamom powder
6 tbsp - maida
1 tsp - cornflour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp ghee
Oil for deep fry
For the filling:
- Mix sugar and coconut to a pan and fry till the sugar blends well with coconut and becomes like bread crumbs.
- add cardamom to this and mix well.
For making the dough:
- Mix ghee and cornflour and make it into paste.
- to this add the maida and mix well.
- this mixture should look like bread crumbs.
- add milk to this by every spoon and make a dough.
- the dough should be very similar to a chappathi dough.
- make small balls from the dough
- and roll out into tiny chappathi's by dusting with maida powder.
- on this place the filing in the middle.
- do not place mroe of the filling and you will not be able to close the karaji
- grease the sides of the chappthi with milk.
- just fold the chappathi into half where the filling is in the middle.
- deep fry in oil until golden brown.