Rice - 2 cups
coconut milk - 2 cup
ssalt to taste
garlic - 2 pods
Water - 5 cups
- In a pressure pan add washed rice and water.
- To it add the garlic and salt to taste.
- Now Leave it to cook for 4 - 5 whistles. -
This recipe will a kanji, so leave it for as much as whistles in your pressure pan / cooker for it to get smashed.
- Now after the kanji is cooked, remove from fire.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Serve this hot with pickles or Parrupu Thuvayal or Coconut (thengai) thuvayal.
Thanks goes to:
Thanks to Granny. This is one of my favourite dish which is not always prepared on everyday basis. When we are absolutely bored about taking different types of rice and tiffin items, this kanji serves good to be taken either for lunch/ dinner / breakfast. I was not sure about how to categorize this recipe, so I have given a title of Granny's recipes.