Corriander leaves - 1 bunch
tomatoes - 2
ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
green chillies - 4
Cooked rice - 1 cup
oil for frying
salt to taste
small onions - 4
grated coconut - 1 tbsp
turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
- add salt and cook rice
- the rice should not be over cooked
- Let it cool.
- grind corriander leaves, small onions, coconut, green chillies
- grind that into a fine paste.
- chop the onions finely
- chop the tomatoes finely - add oil in a kadai
- when the oil is hot add mustard seeds, urad dal,
- add the onions and tomatoes and fry till they are smashed well.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry well
- add salt to taste.
- add the turmeric powder and mix well
- fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the paste and fry till it forms a thick paste.
- fry till the raw smell is gone
- Now add the rice and then mix well.
- serve with onion raita